The VSKYLABS Robinson R66 Project v1.0 was just released.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the Robinson R66 Turbine helicopter, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.40+ 'Experimental Flight Model' environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- Highly detailed model of the Robinson R66 helicopter.
- Robust simulation of the R66 drive train and RR300 Turbo-shaft engine: Utilizes X-Plane 's new and advanced free turbine simulation.
- Autorotation capable.
- Comprehensive systems: Drive system, Hydraulics flight controls, Engine Anti-ice, Starter-generator and ignition system, Fuel system, Auxiliary fuel system, Electrical system with functional CB panel, Lighting, Annunciator panel, Cabin heater, Rotor brake and more.
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) Ready: highly interactive cockpit environment including levers, switches, fuel cut-off / shut-off guards, 3D checklist viewer, modular cyclic and more.
- Equipped with Robinson's 'later' advanced panel: a perfect mix of the traditional analog gauges and glass cockpit display.
- R66 Auxiliary fuel system.
- Fully featured G1000 (modified).
- Autopilot including SAS mode.
- Built-in Avitab Compatibility (Avitab plugin not included).
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack.
The project is under constant development: development road-map is including flight model refinements, enhanced systems depth, additional liveries and other improvements.