Just Flight are excited to bring you the 146 ‘Whisper Jet’, featuring the 100, 200 and 300 series of this classic British airliner. The design process of what was to become the 146-100 began under Hawker Siddeley in 1973 where the iconic high T-tail, short undercarriage, four engines and distinctive airbrake were chosen to produce a regional airliner with short-field performance and quiet operation. The 146-100 first flew in 1981, followed by the stretched 200 series in 1982 and 300 series in 1988.
The exterior models are stunningly detailed, featuring 4096 textures for incredible clarity and the latest Physical Based Rendering (PBR) material technology to produce realistic metallic, plastic and glass surfaces (requires prepar3d v4.4 and above). Realistic animations include trailing-edge flap mechanisms, spoilers and large tail-mounted airbrake, and all passenger and cargo doors.
Moving to the cockpit, the Captain, Co-Pilot and jump-seat positions are modelled with hundreds of functional switches, knobs and controls. The extensive overhead panel features custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, fuel and pressurisation systems, and the cockpit is also fitted with a functional Thrust Management System (TMS) and authentic navigation equipment.
The 146 was flown all around the world and a variety of airline liveries from the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Germany and other nations will be included.
See the Detailed Description below for more details of the aircraft features!
- Three variants of the 146 are included:
- Accurately modelled using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft (G-JEAO)
- Numerous animations including:
- Trailing edge flap surfaces
- Wing-mounted spoilers and tail-mounted airbrake
- All passenger, service and cargo doors
- Windscreen wipers
- Distinctive retractable tricycle landing gear
- Physical Based Rendering (PBR) materials produce realistic metallic, plastic and glass surfaces (requires prepar3d v4.4 and above)
- 4096x4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft
- Captain, co-pilot and jump-seat positions are modelled with hundreds of functional switches, knobs and controls
- A truly 3D cockpit environment right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Extensive overhead panel with custom-coded hydraulic, electrical, fuel and pressurisation systems
- Functional Thrust Management System (TMS)
- Authentic gauges and navigational equipment, including FMS, HSI and RMIs
- Custom-coded autopilot with LNAV and IAS hold
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Interactive engine start checklist
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off'
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as the ability to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead panel, centre pedestal and jump seat
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Ability to integrate third-party weather radar
The 146 will be supplied with a variety of airline liveries from the UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Germany and other nations
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from real-world pilots
- Authentic LF-507 engine sound set
- Multiple interior and exterior viewpoints, including wing views
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
Keep up to date with development News via Just Flights product page.