The VSKYLABS Robinson R66 Project v1.0 was just released.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the Robinson R66 Turbine helicopter, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11.40+ 'Experimental Flight Model' environment (must be selected in the General settings window in X-Plane 11).
- Highly detailed model of the Robinson R66 helicopter.
- Robust simulation of the R66 drive train and RR300 Turbo-shaft engine: Utilizes X-Plane's new and advanced free turbine simulation.
- Autorotation capable.
- Comprehensive systems: Drive system, Hydraulics flight controls, Engine Anti-ice, Starter-generator and ignition system, Fuel system, Auxiliary fuel system, Electrical system with functional CB panel, Lighting, Annunciator panel, Cabin heater, Rotor brake and more.
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) Ready: highly interactive cockpit environment including levers, switches, fuel cut-off / shut-off guards, 3D checklist viewer, modular cyclic and more.
- Equipped with Robinson's 'later' advanced panel: a perfect mix of the traditional analog gauges and glass cockpit display.
- R66 Auxiliary fuel system.
- Fully featured G1000 (modified).
- Autopilot including SAS mode.
- Built-in Avitab Compatibility (Avitab plugin not included).
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack.
The project is under constant development: development road-map is including flight model refinements, enhanced systems depth, additional liveries and other improvements.
Microsoft, MFS, MFSX, MSFSX, MSFS, FSX, Flight Simulator X, Flight Sim X, Flightsim X, vskylabs, helicopter, R66, Robinson