We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Orbx Central!
Orbx Central greatly improves the purchase, download, and install process for Orbx products. We've designed it from the ground up to be easy to use.
You can download Orbx Central from orbx.to/central for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Cross-Platform: whether you use Windows, macOS or Linux, Orbx Central will work for you.
- Modern UI: the user interface has received a full overhaul, making it easier to use than ever before.
- In-App Purchasing: you can now purchase and install Orbx products completely within Central! If you take the optional step to save your card, you can even complete purchases with just a few clicks!
- Automatic Updates: never wonder if you're using the latest version of Orbx scenery - Central will keep them up-to-date automatically.
- Install Anywhere: want to install your Orbx scenery to another drive? Libraries make this easy. You can choose any location you wish, and have your Orbx scenery intelligently linked back into your simulator (using symbolic links in X-Plane and Aerofly, and add-on packages in Prepar3D v4).
- Add-On Packages Support (add-on.xml): we now use add-on packages for Prepar3D v4! This means that if you need to re-install your whole simulator, you will not need to re-install all of your Orbx products.
- Speed Improvements: the download and install component of Central has been completely re-written. It is now more robust, stable, and faster than ever before!
This is only scratching the surface of what's included in this massive update to our platform. For more information on the features and improvements included in Orbx Central, check out the preview topic here.